A Gentle Allenstown NH Endodontist That Cares
If you are looking for a skilled, gentle Endodontist in Allenstown NH
We can help! In our Allenstown NH dental practice, we love to preserve the health of our patients’ teeth
Endodontics (Root Canal) Allenstown NH
A root canal is a basic dental procedure that eliminates the need for a tooth extraction, often the only way to save teeth from cavities that permeate the root. Deep tooth decay can kill the nerve inside a tooth. Left untreated, it can cause the tooth to die, potentially resulting in terrible pain and sensitivity. A root canal or endodontic surgery can save your tooth and relieve pain with one easy treatment.
Deep Tooth Pain
Tooth decay is a serious problem that affects nearly everyone at some point in their lives. In most cases, it is found early enough so that a simple cavity filling can stop further damage and repair teeth – but in severe cases, the decay can become a threat to the nerve that keeps the tooth alive.
Deep decay that affects the inside of the tooth – the pulp chamber – may be caused by untreated cavities, a cracked tooth, or a broken crown, any of which can result in several painful symptoms:
- Swelling or irritation in the gums
- Tooth discoloration
- Trouble sleeping and eating
How a Root Canal Dentist or Endodontist Can Help?
There was a time when a tooth abscess or problem with the nerve would automatically require extraction of the tooth. But thanks to advances in modern dentistry, it's relatively simple to perform a root canal to save the tooth.
When providing an endodontic treatment, Dr. Krothapalli begins with a shot of local anesthetic (or general anesthetic if the patient prefers to be unaware during the procedure). This ensures that the entire process is relaxed and pain-free. Once the area is numbed, the endodontist drills through the tooth's crown to remove any decay and debris trapped inside, including damaged nerves. The tooth is then filled to prevent the infection from returning and, finally, is capped.
The tooth may be sensitive as it heals in the few days after a root canal, but the pain and gum irritation should subside quickly and permanently, leaving the tooth healthy and whole again.
Root Canal Benefits
- Saves teeth: A root canal can save a tooth that would otherwise have to be extracted. In addition to the pain and frustration of extraction, a missing tooth can allow other teeth in the mouth to shift, causing jaw misalignment and bite problems. Root canal procedures prevent all of this pain and irritation.
- Relieves pain: The fractures, deep cavities, and nerve damage that necessitate a root canal procedure are usually very painful. After a root canal, however, the pain is eliminated and the tooth will become normal, strong, and healthy again.
- Easy procedure: Although root canals have a reputation as a dreaded dental procedure, local anesthetic or sleep sedation can make the entire process free of pain and worry.
Root canals are a fairly urgent procedure, so if you are experiencing any symptoms that may require this type of treatment, Call us Today at 603-485-8464 to get more information or to schedule a consultation. At the practice of Tri-Town Family Dental, our dentists have performed hundreds of successful root canals to repair and preserve the health of our patients’ teeth. Our practice welcomes patients from Hooksett,
Northwood, Concord all surrounding communities.